Publishing Ethics and Plagiarism Policy
Applied Science and Engineering Progress’s Publication Ethics is based on the guidelines and standards developed by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE : https://publicationethics.org/).
The publication of scientific research involves systematic and comprehensive processes by the authors, reviewers, publishers and editors with efficient and competent manner. To keep publishing ethical standards, the publisher works closely with journal editors, authors and peer-reviewers. Applied Science and Engineering Progress assigns ethics responsibility of each publishing partners as follows:
• The editor and/or editorial committee hold a position to make final decisions on peer-reviewed articles submitted for publication.
• The editor maintains the transparency of the academic research with ethical standards, and always be willing to publish retractions and erratum when it is notified and requested.
• The editor should assess manuscripts for their scientific quality and intellectual content, free from any biased decisions.
• The editor should evaluate manuscripts based on their academic merit and free of any commercial or self-interests.
• The editor should not distribute any information regarding submitted manuscripts before publication.
• The editor should investigate promptly and in detail with suitable authority, if the publisher suspects any kind of misconduct in research.
• The reviewer provides a detailed, constructive, and unbiased evaluation within a period of assigned time by editor on the scientific content of the work.
• The reviewer evaluates the assigned manuscript whether the writing is the originality as well as scientific accuracy.
• The reviewer should not distribute any information regarding submitted manuscripts before publication.
• The reviewer promptly reports the editor about any conflict of interest and declines to review the manuscript.
• The reviewer notifies the editor when finding any evidence of research misconduct in submitted manuscripts.
• All the work reported in the manuscript must be original and free from any kind of plagiarism content.
• The work should not have been published elsewhere or submitted to any other journal at the same time.
• Any conflict of interest must be clearly declared.
• Acknowledgements must be clearly declared including funding agency.
• Permission must be obtained for any content used from other sources.
• Only those who have made any substantial contribution to the submitted work should be listed as authors.
• Ghostwriter or gifted authorship are prohibited.
Plagiarism and self-copying contents are absolutely prohibited in Applied Science and Engineering Progress. All the papers submitted have to pass through screening through the plagiarism detection software.
Ethics of human and animal experimentation
Those articles which are describing experimental work on humans or animals should submit approval of the ethical committee of the institution where the actual work was carried out. The research must meet the applicable international standards of the ethics of experimentation and research integrity. Authors should indicate whether the procedures followed were in accordance with the ethical standards of the responsible committee on human experimentation. For research involving animals, authors should indicate whether the procedures followed were in accordance with the standards set forth in the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.